1.19.2010

GOLDEN GLOBES, I LIVE UNDER A ROCK OK?

So I never watch these things because all I care about is Joanie River's fashion round-up, but when I saw Betty Draper looking like this, I had to say something.

January in Lanvin. PHOTO.
Apparently looking amazingly awesome on the red carpet is January's thing. Between the understated glamor, the statuesque column shape, the (relatively) heavy fabric, and the lack of jeweled adornments, everything about this look is gorgeous. The headband is the modern equivalent to Audrey's Breakfast at Tiffany's tiara. I mean, it's black and it's not totally boring! or overtly sexy! Looks this effortless make me wonder how celebrities ever manage to screw it up so badly.

BONUS: If you watch Love Actually, then you'll notice that January Jones is one of the hot American girls that the limey Brit meets at the bar in Milwaukee. "We're so poor we only have one bed...." "And we can't even afford pajamas..." (or something to that effect) Yeah, I didn't remember that part either.

And Emily Blunt. I don't know who she is (for shame--was she the other bitchy one in The Devil Wears Prada??). The pink is an absolute dream. Her arms are a little too tan for her face and it's the dead of winter, but hey, she still looks lovely.

Emily wears Dolce and Gabbana. PHOTO
That's just her fiance Jim. John. Whatever. TV confuses me.

8 comments:

  1. Emily Blunt was definitely one of my favorites at the Globes this year. She looked lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved them both!!!!!
    xoxo

    Visit & Follow:)
    www.barboradudinska.blogspot.com
    "fashionably tasteful.have a bite"

    ReplyDelete
  3. i liked jennifer garner's outfit the most, check her out if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for your comment ^^

    Heh, I don't even have TV so I have *no* idea what's going on in celeb/awardland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lanvin killed it that season, celebrities should all just wear Lanvin because they can afford it and they would never have to worry about looking stupid on the red carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love love emily blunt's dress. although in those photos her face looks a lot whiter than the rest of her body (just noticed that now).

    http://ninethreezero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great commentary! I agree on the romantic silk charmuese gown. It is dreamy. I don't like strapless probably becuase I have small breastage but hey looks good on bitchy girls I guess. All the love to you darling! Blog mo'. http://lara-serbin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello, and what are you thinking?