10.15.2008

PEACHES AND CREAM

Blame it on the strawberry-blonde-bordering-on-brown hair I've been rocking since the summer, but I just can't get enough clothing made of sugary sweet ice cream colors like mint and peach. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like for oh i don't know --the past decade-- it's been hard for me to come across fashion in the appropriate hues for my hair/skin. Besides the fact that "modern" color palettes get worn out before they were ever even cool (thanks charlotte russe), lack of fresh color selection always brings me down. How is that the l-a-m-e-s-t colors (think baby pink, baby blue, white) have persisted in mainstream fashion for so long? It's like here I am trying to spend my hard-earned money at your store in an effort to bump up my ever-evolving wardrobe (I can't help it, I get so inspired by new ideas), but I can't find one item that's going to meet my palette needs. I'm really not trying to be a downer, but somehow I always end up with the black, navy, or brown version of everthing. I suppose I could go to higher end fashion, but who's got a money tree in their backyard? All I've got in mine are dog turds.

Anyway, enough rant. I'm all about the positive here -- I just needed you guys to know where I'm coming from. I've taken a small peek at Spring 2009 ready to wear, and I've got some good news to report. Colors are like, soooo FRESH. praise jesus!DKNY's runways were dotted with the fuzzy fruit's hue, including peach converse-style sneaks for men.Marc Jacobs rounded out his collection with creamy, lickable frocks.



And Patrick Robinson's first spring line for Gap fully embraced the dreamsicle. I must admit, I wasn't too excited about his Go International collection for Target last year (his was probably the only installation I don't own a piece from), but I'll gladly eat my words as long as their atop these deliciously soft drawsting pants that come in a wide array of frothy colors.

Take a tip from the above and pair your ice cream pastels with the lightest neutrals you can find -khakis, grays, and nudes. Now that's something to scream about.

check out all the shows at style.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, hello, and what are you thinking?