5.02.2011

THE MET GALA #RIGHTNOW

Trendspotting at New York's Met Gala: mermaid looks (Kerry Washington, Rihanna's hair) 1940s waves (Madonna, Elizabeth Banks, Diane Kruger, Tara Subkoff) , Russian royalty (Naomi Campbell, Beyonce, Daphne Guinness -or maybe it's just all McQueen?), Grecian goddesses (Blake Lively, Eva Mendes, Kristen Bell) and long sleeves (pretty much everyone). Red and black&white seem to be especially popular color choices.


Red hot supermodels Doutzen Kroes and Giselle Bundchen competing with the red carpet (and winning).

Hot pink Calvin Klein?
The Anna Wintour
Rashida Jones is so cute, I thought she was Maggie Gyllenhaal for a second.

Naomi Watts in sheer sleeves.

Personal favorites:

Diane Kruger; just beautiful.

Zoe Saldana; whatever this sculptural double-knit fabric is that keeps popping up everywhere is full of beauty + I'm really into yellow right now.

Of course I would like the one with birds on it. (Michelle Williams)

Emma Stone, my new fashion muse. This print looks very similar to an Express skirt I have. That should be the biggest insult, but I absolutely adore this dress on Emma. Beyond gorgeous. It's perfection.

While there are some truly great looks in this group, I think my favorite might be Vera Wang.
Did you know that Vera is 61? SIXTY-ONE YEARS OLD, PEOPLE. With that hair! and that color! She looks 24! UNREAL.

A.L.T., Jennifer Lopez, and Freida Pinto get a WTF. Sorry, because I really like you all. Really, I do.

P.P.S. Where is January Jones?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, hello, and what are you thinking?