5.16.2011

FUTURE REFLECTIONS

Louisiana rules. Photo via


Exactly two years ago on this day I left my Louisiana and started building a home in NYC. I say my Louisiana because I had no idea just how beloved my home state would become to me. These last two years have been rough. BEYOND ROUGH. . . I've moved three times, had three jobs, slaved at three separate internships, and have often found myself in dire need of old friends who get me. There is not a day that goes by that I don't question whether I should be here, whether I can afford to be here, whether I want to be here. Needless to say, these past 730 days - like the never ending winters - have been dark.

I still don't have all the answers to those questions, and I'm not sure I wouldn't be living in the same sort of existential mania back at home. But at least now I have a thoroughly enjoyable, career path-type job(s), a (little) cash flow, and (A LOT of ) ideas. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and I think I'm beginning to see it. Maybe you've noticed.

So. . . I apologize for dragging you through those past two years of blogging. Documenting my struggles has been hard; being totally conscious of this struggle the whole time was even harder. I'm working on resurrecting this blog because I know it's a good place for me. It's kind of like being home . . . and that's something I desperately need.

Onward.


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it's been so dark for you. Glad the light is coming. Stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you're getting through. Thank God for cheap flights back home! (Although being from NZ, I have no idea how far Louisiana is from NYC...)

    Just discovered your blog and will be following you from now on - would love it if you could stop by my blog sometime (and perhaps follow me too!).

    Andrea x
    andreareh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello, and what are you thinking?