12.22.2009

BALMAIN, TOO MUCH OF AN OK THING

BIG BIG HUGS to Jane Keltner, fashion news editor at Teen Vogue, who has the awesome skill of reading my mind. In a brief one page manifesto in the Dec/Jan issue, she offers an informed and pleasant critique of what she (and now I) dubs THE BALMAINETTES.


photo 1, photo 2, photo 3

You know them, you love them, you loathe them. Copycats clothed in black minis, serious shooties, and rockstar attitude, it's the night time version of the "model off-duty" look. And quite frankly, I am so bored. Not all of us want a badass uniform.

Give me something fresh, individualistic and smidge more subtle, so that, you know, I can feel something. Or think something.

Oh Jane, it feels good to know that I am not alone.

1 comment:

  1. YES! i totally know what you mean! it has just become so original... it frustrates me so much.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, hello, and what are you thinking?